- Reiki is my personal tool to a clear understanding of what’s happening in my body. It is all too easy to ignore our bodies when they are relaying messages to us. Our bodies are highly intelligent and with every symptom and feeling there can be revealing insight, (if we pay attention). When I began using Reiki as a part of my personal healing practice I became more aware of the reasons I would feel so heavy at the end of some of my days. As a sensitive person, it’s quite common to carry energies from others without realizing it. Reiki has been beneficial for me to consistently ‘tune up’ my energy field and feel clear and balanced.
- Reiki helps me go to sleep- and stay asleep! For years I had a very inconsistent sleep schedule, often staying up very late or not sleeping through the night, which would require me to sleep during the day. As much as I do enjoy a good nap, I enjoy sleeping throughout the night without waking even more! For the past couple years, I’ve been experimenting with Reiki as a way of going to sleep at night. I notice anxiety quite often comes creeping up on me at night, usually in the form of excessive thoughts that won’t seem to subside. Before bed I’ll do 10-15 minutes of Reiki and instantly I feel a calmness that helps soothe me into a sleepy state. I also notice that when I do Reiki before bed, I wake up fewer times in the night and typically can sleep right through until my alarm (or my cat) wakes me up!
- Reiki has been treating my anxiety. In the past year I’ve been experiencing anxiety in a way that has been challenging at times, for me to work with on my own. Reiki has been a crucial little helper for me that I can call on at any time of day or night. For those who have experienced a Reiki treatment, you’ll know the gentle waves of calmness that come from a session. This gentle energy is exactly what I need (and I feel everyone needs) to help move through anxiety and stress that comes up in our day to day.
- Reiki promotes balance and harmony. Reiki is an empowering tool for balancing and grounding your energy. Anytime I’m noticing I’m feeling a bit ‘off’, I know it’s time to do some energy healing. Reiki works by clearing through your energy centers and meridians, releasing what’s ready to be let go of, and opening space for the new. Needless to say, after every treatment I feel refreshed and lighter than before.
- Reiki is SO wonderful to share with others. Imagine a rainbow washing down on you like a bucket of water, and you can feel the cleansing effects of its gentle flow. That’s what giving a Reiki treatment feels like for me – for real! One of the most rewarding parts about my practice is helping others maintain a healthy body and spirt. Connecting with my clients and sharing the healing space of Reiki has been a fulfilling and joyful experience for me.
With Love, Rose